Tuesday, 17 March 2009

A Retro Comic Review - Iron Man #200


Hey. Here's to my first post!

Okay well #200 of Iron Man isn't actually that significant. But it did inspire the villian for the Iron Man movie. I bought this issue for about a fiver on good old eBay so I had some Iron Monger stuff.

So this is a pretty solid issue. It double length to celebrate the big 200. This issue feels good 'cause Stark seems to finally get over his "I'm a drunk" issue. It sees Obidiah Stane attack Starks friends. Stark decides it's time to get even and debuts the silver centurion armour which is quite cool. When Stark crashes into what at the time was called Stane International he is attacked by Stane using his own version of the Iron Man armour that he was called the Iron Monger armour. After an awesome fight Stark has Stane cornered. And in an unseen move Stane blows his own head off with his own repulsor ray.
This story feels like a classic Good vs. Evil story with the baddie and the goodie having a sloberfest just in the name of justice.
Another awesome part of the comic is a brief four/five panel page of Iron Man flying into space, stopping and then tilting himself towards earth and then rocketing downwards back down to earth. It was AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. This was before my time (I didn't get interested in Iron Man until much later), & don't care for the silver armor. I think the classic gold is the best. Though, of course, I also like the War Machine armor.

    ReplyDelete