Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Where Is The Money Going?

I recently had some work experience at the West Lothian Council, my local council, and discovered that they have a budget of £380 million! Now this would be fine if the money was used wisely but I had to think that surely even £10 million would have been fine?


Now this may seem to be a random thing to complain about. My council has a £380 million to spend improving my area? What's this kid moaning about! But really £380 million whilst people in developing countries are starving and homeless? I have to say at my part of the council, Livingston South, seems to have nothing getting improved. We seem to get pointless roadworks and new shopping centres built when we already have two perfectly good ones!!
I can't believe that we are willing to let people use this money when people are dying because they have none! The pointless things that we spend money on could be spent on fixing the "world poverty" issue?
The Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment